Private Connection feature

Birder

Hello,

I tried the new private connection feature and found that it lowered by internet speeds anywhere from 75% to 80%.  I expected some degradation in speed, but not this magnitude. It was very consistent and quite noticable. I will definitely not have this enabled much at this point. Luckily it's easy to turn on and off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Birder Exactly as you had said, it is normal for there to be some degradation with internet connectivity speeds. Howeve, ~75-80% does seem to be excessive, therefore I am curious if this is attributed to some type of interference, or similar.

We are eager to investigate further; would I have permission to contact you via email, using the same address that is registered to your forums account?

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Birder Thanks for letting me know; I can confirm that we will contact you via email and our message will be sent from support@ccleaner.com. 

@asis Do we have permission to contact you via email, as well?

• 2 months later...

I have also had a noticeable drop in the speed of my internet connection. To the extent that have used the troubleshooter to check this! Incidentally, I am not yet using the 'Privacy Connection' feature but I am considering subscribing!? But if my internet speed has already been reduced by using 'Kamo' (unconfirmed)! I certainly don't want to risk a further reduction in my connection speed by adding the 'Private Connection' feature! Any information on this would be appreciated!?