Deleted rar file

himok

Yesterday, I deleted a rar password secured file, today I tried to recover it, but Recuva cant recover it, State: "Unrecovable", Comment:"File`s data could not be found on disk." 

Recuva found my file in $RECYCLE.BIN, I am 100% sure I didnt overwrite file. What I can do?

10 minutes ago, himok said:

Yesterday, I deleted a rar password secured file, today I tried to recover it, but Recuva cant recover it, State: "Unrecovable", Comment:"File`s data could not be found on disk." 

Recuva found my file in $RECYCLE.BIN, I am 100% sure I didnt overwrite file. What I can do?

I just read that files 4gb+ are unrecoverable, so there is no way I can recover it? It was over 8gb file

• Moderators

Can you restore the file from the recycle bin?

Yes, I believe that NTFS zeroes the cluster addresses when deleting files greater than 4 gb. I have no idea why but NTFS is not designed to recover deleted files. You could try a deep scan in a desperate hope that the file is in one extent and Recuva will recover it, but the odds against that are pretty long. Apart from that the file is unrecoverable, although a professional data recovery company may be able to help.