My logins / cookies got deleted in Firefox 95

alwaystired

Hello there,

Yesterday I updated from CCleaner v.5.83 to v.5.88, while my settings remained unchanged. My settings are to delete the Cache of all browsers, but not the cookies.

Yet, after installing the CCleaner update (on Win 10 x64), I am logged out of all my accounts on my Mozilla Firefox 95.0.1 installation.

This is very surprising and disappointing. I use a lot of different websites daily, I can pinpoint this issue being cause by the CCleaner update with 100 % certainty. I just don't understand why, as the settings under "Custom Clean" haven't changed.

It seems to me that using the "Health Check" feature once (for the first time) caused this. Why does the "Health Check" feature not respect my existing settings, which I use for Custom Clean?

Edited by alwaystired

• Moderators

You are correct,

If Health Check and Custom Clean did the same thing then there wouldn't be much point in having both of them.
Generally you choose which one you want to use and stick with that.

Health Check uses its own cleaning settings which you cannot customise.
It's meant as a quick, easy, option for those who can't be bothered setting thing up and just want a 'default' clean.
The Pro version runs two other tools as well, 'Startup' (Speed) and 'Software Updater' (Security) . You can also run those manually from the CCleaner Tools menu.
Running Health Check will log you out of any websites because it will clear the browser session.

Custom Clean lets you change what gets cleaned or not by using ticks/unticks. Cookies to keep, and Includes/Excludes.
That's why its called 'Custom' - because you can customise what it cleans.

The Custom Clean setting that logs you out of websites, or not, is 'Session' for whichever browser you use.
Make sure that is unticked if you want to stay logged into sites, and remember not to use Health Check.

You can set which one CCleaner shows you when you open it by going to Options>Settings and changing the 'CCleaner Home Screen'.
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043