Driver Update Progress Indicator

RAMIncNZ

I have used this for the very first time (after some careful consideration and a practise run) today. I'm still VERY WORRIED now that I have started a full update of all Drivers.

Reason

1] Last piece of Software I used to do this screwed my PC Badly)

2] CCleaner Driver Update Page Indicator looks like it is stuck "Updating 3 out of 8 Drivers" and has been so for quite some time now.

I'm pretty sure the 'install' is downloading the new Driver package due to the completely slowed down speed of my internet connection (we are rural and have crap Internet at best of times).

My suggestion is

How about making an 'indicator' that shows CCleaner is currently D/loading xxx driver and the progress of same, then the actual install of xxx driver and the progress of?

Not just a line that changes at the end of each driver 'install'

Rick M

New Zealand

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RAMIncNZ said:

Last piece of Software I used to do this screwed my PC Badly

So you thought you'd try again? Brave or foolish depending on your point of view.

CCleaner Driver Update Page Indicator looks like it is stuck "Updating 3 out of 8 Drivers" and has been so for quite some time now.

I'm pretty sure the 'install' is downloading the new Driver package due to the completely slowed down speed of my internet connection (we are rural and have crap Internet at best of times).

That sounds like it can't connect to a server, so is constantly trying and that is slowing your internet down.

Best I can suggest is to open Task Manager and 'End Task' on CCleaner.
You might want to make a note of what driver it is stuck on, just in case you do need to reload/reinstall that one.

Whether you then try Driver Updater again is of course up to you.
(Personally I would never touch any automatic driver updater, why try to fix something that isn't broken).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

22 minutes ago, nukecad said:

(Personally I would never touch any automatic driver updater, why try to fix something that isn't broken).

@nukecad Dude,

Yeah, however I thought, well I thought CCleaner might have got it right.. (We know what 'Thought thought'.. Never mind..

I will do as you suggest and hope like hell I ain't broke something.. 

Will let you know IF I have..

Rick M