There's one born every minute.

RexFeral

Lately I've been getting the BSOD every time I opened Chrome or Edge, not Firefox thank God. Turns out it's a driver problem with USB 3. Well I've done everything short of putting a bullet through my processor. Tried all the Windows ways with no luck, got Driver Easy, but alas. So I gave up. Uninstalled Chrome and Edge. This morning I was doing a little maintenance Spybot. Malwarebytes, CCleaner..........wait a minute CCleaner has a new Driver updater! And it's got my USB! The scan said I had 58 outdated drivers and it will only cost me $35 to solve my on-going problems. Here you go, here's $35 bucks, hour and a half's work, np. CCleaner's program said it would take a while, it didn't. It updated one driver and essentially erased the other problems, ignoring the problem drivers I spent the money to fix. Scammed again. I won't be renewing my subscription.

• Admin

As with all bulk updates on Windows, some drivers aren't too fond of being updated at the same time as others and may require a second run or a reboot after updating.  If you had 58 drivers to update then there's a chance that you might have bumped into that.  9 times out of 10 the solution is to run the driver updater again after your next reboot. 

Have you tried that?  If that doesn't sort out your problem, you can contact support@ccleaner.com for further assistance.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes