CCleaner for Mac crashes all the time, gets 'closed unexpectedly' error message

TriumphDriver

I'm running an iMac with OSX 10.13.6 and have the latest CCleaner, but it crashes a lot - on startup, mid-clean or when finished. I just get the 'Report to Apple' dialogue box telling me it closed unexpectedly. It's 1.18.30 Professional and can take a long time to startup. The Mac is only used for word Processing so has very little of the disk space used, 483GB free of 500GB, and i have very few applications on it. Any thoughts?

Sorry I can't help, but someone should respond. I posted a similar complaint or question in January and no one replied. Is anyone on this board? Anyway, on my MacBook Pro running High Sierra and the latest CCleaner version (same as yours) it opens and runs up to 26% completion and freezes every time. I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, tried three different browsers, always with the same result. Judging by all the problems for Macs, I think maybe Ccleaner just doesn't care to optimize Ccleaner for Macs. I suppose it's time to look for another product. Good luck with your question. I hope you have better luck getting an answer. 

• Moderators

This is a user forum and by far the majority of users here run Windows rather than Mac, so knowlegable Mac users are a bit thin on the ground.

You both have CCleaner Pro so you are paying for support from the company.

The best way to contact contact support is by email.

Email them with your problem at; support@ccleaner.com

It's best if you can use the email address that you registered CCleaner from, or at least tell them what the address was.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Keep getting logged out of websites? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/67601-saved-passwords/#comment-349999

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043