Automatic update notice: Installed and latest version are the same number

jmat

As it says in the title, the last two times I got notices that there is a new version, the latest version and installed version are the same. Not a big problem, when I go to the CCleaner site the latest version does have the correct version number (5.77), but I thought you might want to know.

134637.png

Edited by jmat
left something off

• Admin

Just to confirm, how long before you posted this message was this screenshot taken?  I believe there were some issues with the update server at launch (about 11 hours ago) but those seem to have been sorted out shortly (about 20 minutes) thereafter.  If you click on "check for updates" in the bottom right hand corner of the console does it still tell you the same thing?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

I took the screenshot about thirty minutes before I posted on the forum. I went to the CCleaner site and downloaded the update directly, so now if I "check for updates" it says "congratulations, you're using the latest version".  Like I said in my post, this is the second time I noticed that the "latest" and "installed" versions were the same. Last time I checked was about a month ago when the update was from 5.75 to 5.76 and it did the same thing. It's not a big deal, since I just take it to mean there is a new version available, and whether I update through the app or download from the site I get the correct new version, but I just thought you might like to know that it wasn't showing the correct new version number.