Limited USer Win2k and Opera9

frustrated

I installed CCleaner 1.30 on top of the previous version. However CCleaner is not showing Opera 9 which was also updated from version 8. Opera is completely missing from the applications list. I do not have that problem on another Win2k or XP machine where the account is an administrator account. Why has Opera disappeared with the CCleaner upgrade?

Update: I logged in as Administrator on the problem machine, uninstalled CCleaner and made sure that the directory was deleted. I then reinstalled it and the problem with Opera 9 not showing up still exists.

:(

Try the winapp2.ini entry called: Opera (Single User)

Created the file, started Opera9 up and went to several web sites. I then shutdown Opera and ran CCleaner. It shows no Opera related files. Opera is not installed in the default location.

Update:I hard coded the directory into which Opera is installed in that INI file and that seemed to have fixed the problem.

• Moderators

Opera is not installed in the default location.

That would probably have been the problem.

Note:

CCleaner is also set to clean some (not all) specific directories of programs, therefore if they aren't in the expected default installed location those applications won't get cleaned.

I hard coded the directory into which Opera is installed in that INI file and that seemed to have fixed the problem.

That would be the obvious fix when using a customized installation that doesn't use the default installation path that the setup program suggests.