CCleaner closes and does nothing Win 10 Pro

ok here are the specs for this issue first:

Win 10 pro x64 v17134.167

CCleaner Pro x64 v5.45.6611

Ok here is the issue(s):

1-CCleaner no longer starts with windows

2-CCleaner will not stay running after minimizing (icon disappears from system tray)

3-CCleaner no longer cleans anything (ran CC for cleaning and it closed in 2 secs. Recycle bin still had 2.8GB in it)

4-Active monitoring no longer working. CC says it is enabled and active, and yet (see issue #3 above).

This has been going on now for the last 2 updates for CC. The only thing still working is the registry cleaner.

Basically I have a program that does nothing now, except take up drive space.  I would love to send in a diagnostic report, but as CC doesn't have that option...…………. As a faithful and longtime user I really would like to know when these issues will be fixed?

19 hours ago, longhaul444 said:

ok here are the specs for this issue first:

Win 10 pro x64 v17134.167

CCleaner Pro x64 v5.45.6611

Ok here is the issue(s):

1-CCleaner no longer starts with windows

2-CCleaner will not stay running after minimizing (icon disappears from system tray)

3-CCleaner no longer cleans anything (ran CC for cleaning and it closed in 2 secs. Recycle bin still had 2.8GB in it)

4-Active monitoring no longer working. CC says it is enabled and active, and yet (see issue #3 above).

This has been going on now for the last 2 updates for CC. The only thing still working is the registry cleaner.

Basically I have a program that does nothing now, except take up drive space.  I would love to send in a diagnostic report, but as CC doesn't have that option...…………. As a faithful and longtime user I really would like to know when these issues will be fixed?

have a look here.

https://forum.piriform.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=52333&content_commentid=298085

Gently let me know if it works with you. (should work)

Raimund

1 hour ago, Raimund said:

I already have mine set to the advanced report. So the fix didn't work. If I start CCleaner and then minimize it, it stays running and the icon stays in the system tray. This is the only way I can keep CC running. But it still doesn't do any monitoring. I on purposely put a 1GB file in the trash bin and CC didn't clean it out on it's own like it used to. Something with the latest Windows update and the last 2 versions of CC is conflicting. Exactly what that is I have no idea. It would be so much easier, I think if CC had an option to do some troubleshooting saved to a file that you could send to the devs.  Here are my settings for the important stuff (see attached pics). Oh and the automatically check for new updates doesn't work either. I have to manually check for them using the "Check for Updates" function.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

• Moderators

..if CC had an option to do some troubleshooting saved to a file that you could send to the devs.

You can run CCleaner in Debug Mode which creates a logfile.

Occasionally someone will ask you to provide this when trying to help you.

Open a command window and enter the following (with quotation marks):

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /debug

(Of course leave the '64' off if you are running 32-bit).

That will open CCleaner in debug mode.
Once you have finished cleaning there will then be a logfile in C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ showing what it has done.
You can open the logfile in notepad or another text editor and read what it says.

Whether it will actually tell you much in this case is another question.

As you have the paid for version you could always raise a support ticket.
https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

6 hours ago, nukecad said:

You can run CCleaner in Debug Mode which creates a logfile.

Occasionally someone will ask you to provide this when trying to help you.

Open a command window and enter the following (with quotation marks):

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /debug

(Of course leave the '64' off if you are running 32-bit).

That will open CCleaner in debug mode.
Once you have finished cleaning there will then be a logfile in C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ showing what it has done.
You can open the logfile in notepad or another text editor and read what it says.

Whether it will actually tell you much in this case is another question.

As you have the paid for version you could always raise a support ticket.
https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for that little reminder about the debugging. I completely forgot about it. And I already sent in a ticket.