Can you stop a deep scan partway through and recover the files it has scanned up to that point>

cBusiness

I have been running deep scan (non-deleted files) for about 4 days so far and it is still at 0%. However it has found 577043 files and has been stagnant like that for about a day and a half and task manager is telling me that Recuva is only using 3.6Mb of Memory, 0% cpu, 0% network. Is that how much resources Recuva usually takes or is it stuck. I am planning to let it run for one more day and if it does not complete by then I would like to end it and retrieve the files it has already scanned. So my question would be is Recuva stuck and if I pressed cancel would I be able to recover the files it has already scanned (577043) or would progress be reset. 

• Moderators

Yes you can action the files already found by Recuva. There's no restart however.

For some reason unkown to us (me, anyway) there are certain conditions which cause Recuva to become 'stuck' when scanning. There's also no known fix to it.

Related to this, I've been running a deep scan for twelve hours now, and it's saying I have fourteen more hours to go.  I've clicked the "cancel" button, it's gone to gray, and recuva keeps going and going and going.  It says it's 52% complete.  How do I stop it???  Nothing's working.