Help Sections

Elvin

The Help-Program Information section on the CCleaner website and the "Beginner's Guide" pinned in this section of the forum both provide information for the Windows tab component of the "Cleaner Settings" function. This help info explains each item cleaned, ie, "Temporary Internet Files," "Cookies," etc, on down the list.

The other tab under the Cleaner Settings is for "Applications," and has another long list of things that can be cleaned, I assume, based on the programs installed on a given computer. The subheads are "Applications" "Internet" "Multimedia" "Utilities" and "Windows." Under these subheads, my computer shows programs such as Adobe Acrobat, Office 2003, Google Deskbar, Windows Media Player, Spybot Search & Destroy MS Wordpad and others.

I am hesitant to use CCleaner for these programs because I don't know exactly what is going to be cleaned. But I would like to clean out any crap that is there. Is there any help information anywhere that will explain what I will clean out of these programs if I use CCleaner on these programs which are listed under Cleaner Settings>Applications?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Elvin and Welcome :) Sorry that it took so long for a response. (This may, or may not be worth posting at this point.) You can go to www.ccleaner.com > Features; which will give you the following information.

"Application Cleaning:

As well as cleaning up old files and settings left by standard Windows components, CCleaner also cleans temporary files and recent file lists for many applications. Including:

* Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more... "

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Thanks for the reply. I went to the page you suggested. If I'm reading it right, it is saying that when I use Ccleaner under the "Applications" tab (which on my computer lists programs such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Office 2003, Google Deskbar, Windows Media Player, Spbybot Search and Destroy, MS Paint, MS Wordpad and RegEdit), I will be deleting the temporary files and recent file lists associated with those programs, right?

Hi Elvin and Welcome :) Sorry that it took so long for a response. (This may, or may not be worth posting at this point.) You can go to www.ccleaner.com > Features; which will give you the following information.

"Application Cleaning:

As well as cleaning up old files and settings left by standard Windows components, CCleaner also cleans temporary files and recent file lists for many applications. Including:

* Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more... "

Let us know if you have anymore questions.