Cleaner section - automated clean

YukonTX

Fantastic program!

Am trying to help a new user with aspects of the setting in Options > Settings > "Run CCleaner when computer starts". If you are using XP and have this setting checked, I know that the CC will run selected items in the "Cleaner" area (only) upon reboot.

My question: In XP, will this also automatically clean if a user logs out of his account and then logs-in again? I believe the cleaning takes place after someone simply logs out and back again without a more complete Reboot (or classic "shut-down"), but can't find any reference to this.

Thanks, YukonTX

It all depends ... Your answer could be either "yes" or "no" depending on what selections are made to be removed from the Windows tabs.

An educated guess by examination ... If you examine the registry changes (I used Sysinternals Autoruns with Windows 2000 Pro - wouldn't think the location would change in XP), the changes occur under the Current User key - "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" inserting the CCleaner command line to run. So your answer is "yes" that it will occur when when logging back in. Rebooting is not necessary. However, it will be "NO" if you select to "delete index.dat files" under the Windows Tab - then it will require the reboot/restart - you will receive a CCleaner message when selecting it. Hope this helps :)