strange problem in CCleaner

Zeinobia

okay i am facing this strange problem with CCleaner lately

when I do a scan and for example the size of the files to be deleted is 120 mb , ccleaner deletes less than this size , it may even reach to the half

i didn't notice this problem except lately and i re-installed ccleaner yet i am still facing the problem

i searched around in the forum and found that sometimes ccleaner doesn't clean the files of programs that should be on c YET IT IS ON ANOTHER HARD DRIVE

could this be my problem or what ??

,..., you actually didn?t provide a lot of basic informations,..., for instance about your operating-system and those applications CCleaner is supposed to clean on your hd,...,

a. with some operating-systems or with some applications, CCleaners *.ini-files have to be adapted manually (concerning the right path etc.),...,

b. the operating-system might keep some files protected that CCleaner declares for deletion,...,

Oliver

when I do a scan and for example the size of the files to be deleted is 120 mb , ccleaner deletes less than this size , it may even reach to the half

i searched around in the forum and found that sometimes ccleaner doesn't clean the files of programs that should be on c YET IT IS ON ANOTHER HARD DRIVE

Hi

CCleaner looks for registry data (sometimes files) to see if a program is present, then typically deletes things in default locations (eg. FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX|*.bak after finding Acrobat 7's registry keys).

So, if you have installed an app to D:\Programs, or asked an app to use D:\ Temp for temporary files, without changing your system-wide Environment Variable, CC might need some tweaking to find your files.

As for not deleting all that is found, any open program is likely to be hanging on to its own temporary data - this data may vanish when the app is closed - so run CC after booting (no other apps launched) to see if the problem still persists.

Good luck!