CCleaner and UAC

CLWard

First, my info:

• CCleaner Professional v5.35.6210 (64-bit)
  • Win10 64-bit
  • AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor
  • 8.0GB RAM
  • AMD Radeon HD 5670

I have several problems that are probably related:

• Even though I have gone into properties and told CCleaner to Run As Administrator, I get the UAC window popping up when I start it.
  • In Options/Scheduling I have set CCleaner to run weekly every Tuesday at 3:22AM, but the scheduled run never occurs.
  • CCleaner never empties the Recycle Bin.
  • CCleaner does not automatically update when a new version is available. In Options/Settings I have checked the boxes for run at startup, automatically check for new versions (with silent background updates), none of that is happening.
  • In Options/Monitoring I have enabled system monitoring, and those popups DO happen.

post-80189-0-79592600-1507136815_thumb.png

First, my info:

• CCleaner Professional v5.35.6210 (64-bit)
  • Win10 64-bit
  • AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor
  • 8.0GB RAM
  • AMD Radeon HD 5670

I have several problems that are probably related:

• Even though I have gone into properties and told CCleaner to Run As Administrator, I get the UAC window popping up when I start it.
  • In Options/Scheduling I have set CCleaner to run weekly every Tuesday at 3:22AM, but the scheduled run never occurs.
  • CCleaner never empties the Recycle Bin.
  • CCleaner does not automatically update when a new version is available. In Options/Settings I have checked the boxes for run at startup, automatically check for new versions (with silent background updates), none of that is happening.
  • In Options/Monitoring I have enabled system monitoring, and those popups DO happen.

I'm not sure about the rest of them, but the "Run As Administrator" is doing exactly what one would expect. Every time you run it (not even trying to run as admin) it tries to run as admin, which means it prompts you. The only way to bypass this is the scheduled task (which I think is an option in the program).