CCleaner not removing all FF Cache

S Kay

I am a CCleaner long time user.  I am very comfortable with setting up and using this program.

In the past week it is no longer cleaning all of FireFox Cache data on first clean.  Sometimes it take multiple cleans and sometimes I have to go close Cclean go into the C:\Users AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zy87xugf.default\ folder and shred the files in order to remove.

I've never had this happen before.  I analyze then run cleaner and run analyze once more to insure all has been removed. How to I fix this?

• Moderators

what are your CC and FF versions?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I have always redirected both my Firefox and Chrome cache from the default C: drive location to a RAM drive so when the computer is shut down the cache and cookies are automatically cleared.

However shutdown may not occur for several days and I use CCleaner every morning for a 'clean' start. Previously CCleaner cleared the caches of both Firefox and Chrome but I noticed recently (after my last CCleaner update) it was only clearing Chrome. I am using version 54.01 of Firefox and version 5.32.6129 (64-bit) of CCleaner. In CCleaner./Applications all Firefox options are checked, Firefox and Thunderbird are closed and there are no other programs (other than the OS) browser plugin or updates running when I use CCleaner

In the most recent update of CCleaner does the Firefox cache need to be in its default location for CCleaner to find and wipe it?

• Moderators

I will pass this along for the attention of the Admins.

Am using latest version.  CC is set up to monitor in Tray. Will stop during a long day, shut down, close all other programs and clean.  This is habit.  I watched closely today and what I see is CC detects, but when you look at final results the FF cache is not listed as cleaned. Baffled.  Any help appreciated.

• Moderators

Any help appreciated.

I may be way out here,

But as this is new behaviour then could this be something to do with the changes to FireFox 54 so that it now uses multiple OS processes for webpage content?

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/54.0.1/releasenotes/

If it is using multiple processes, is it also creating multiple caches?

And if so then are you redirecting all of them?

(Can you even redirect them if FFx opens a new process/cache whilst it is already running?)

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

getting a bit muddled now, which is why hijacking someone else's thread is never good.

@nukecad,

its @franchard with the redirect issue

@skay,

please give your FF and CC version numbers, just saying 'I have the latest' is too ambiguous.  there have been a few updates for CC recently and we don't know how often you update the software.

• Moderators

My bad mta,

I had assumed the 'redirecting' post was a reply to your previous request for version numbers and hadn't noticed it was not the OP answering.

(I might still suspect the recent update to Firefox though as S Kay says the problem only started 'in the past week').

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

"@skay,

please give your FF and CC version numbers, just saying 'I have the latest' is too ambiguous.  there have been a few updates for CC recently and we don't know how often you update the software."

I am running CC 5.32.6129 (64bit)  FF 54. Browser and all security software set to auto update.  I am at the point where preparing to do a restore to point prior to this happening. After that.....

• Moderators

I can't think of anything specifically to your issue .

But if it was me, I would uninstall CC and FF.

For CC, I would delete its Program Files folder, and for FF I would create a new profile.

Reboot the PC then reload both. (latest FF is 54.0.1)

Restore Points won't help you sadly.

I have always redirected both my Firefox and Chrome cache from the default C: drive location to a RAM drive so when the computer is shut down the cache and cookies are automatically cleared.

However shutdown may not occur for several days and I use CCleaner every morning for a 'clean' start. Previously CCleaner cleared the caches of both Firefox and Chrome but I noticed recently (after my last CCleaner update) it was only clearing Chrome. I am using version 54.01 of Firefox and version 5.32.6129 (64-bit) of CCleaner. In CCleaner./Applications all Firefox options are checked, Firefox and Thunderbird are closed and there are no other programs (other than the OS) browser plugin or updates running when I use CCleaner

In the most recent update of CCleaner does the Firefox cache need to be in its default location for CCleaner to find and wipe it?

I am having the same problem ccleaner will not clean anything in the FF cache there is definitely a major bug in your software you guys had better look into this and FIX THIS or im dumping the program and will move on to something that works.

• Moderators

this topic has been brought to the attention of the Admins, still waiting for a response.