Cleaning a slave drive

vrm3

I recently installed a slave drive in my computer. The slave drive was once the primary drive for another computer. I know there are lots of superfluous items on it that I would love to have CCleaner remove. Can CCleaner be configured to analyze and clean a slave drive?

I recently installed a slave drive in my computer. The slave drive was once the primary drive for another computer. I know there are lots of superfluous items on it that I would love to have CCleaner remove. Can CCleaner be configured to analyze and clean a slave drive?

for a job like this, it would be best to do it by hand. CC only recognises very specific things, typically using install paths and system folders to recognise files.

So... I'd just recommend saving what you want and deleting the rest. I'm about to move a 60GB 2-partitioned drive into a new machine, and I wouldn't trust any automated process to really clean it up that well.

Depending on your setup, it's unlikely that your slave drive will need, for example, the Windows and Program Files folders, so you should be able to get rid of most content without much thought. I reckon a coffee break should be enough :)

Good luck either way,

cde