SSD Life left

bunnyali

• Moderators

These numbers are from the ssd controller. The Current and Worse values for Life Left are 97%, so that's good. The Threshold is 11%, when you should start to think about ssd failure. The Real Value seems to be the decimal version of the Raw Value (in other fields). but seems to go awry in the larger numbers. The hex value of 77,309,411,329 is 1200000001, so maybe something is lost in translation. I'm not sure what this value means.

The Lifetime Writes (F1) is 5923. This is a gb count, so you have written almost 6 terabytes. So you still have a very long way to go.

• Moderators

slight correction I believe (sorry Augeas), only the RAW Value column is Hex, all other columns are decimal.

but otherwise I concur with everything else.

the threshold values are set by the manufacture, so vary from hardware to hardware.

my spin on the 77,309,411,329 value is it's the bytes written so far. so it's either 77GiB's or .77TiB's.

or maybe it's already in MiB's, who knows.

best bet is to use the manufactures SSD interrogation software.  My SSD being Samsung, their Samsung Magician shows I have written .5TB's, but the drive is only a month or so old.

and when I got it, they advertised the total number of writes at 85TB's - must be the way they put a number of life expectancy now, instead of read/writes per cell.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.