Does CCleaner clear this specific file by default?

kurt2121

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\WebCacheV*.dat

Does it also clear the following?:

C:Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies\index.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHistXXXXXXXXXXX\index.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\UserData\index.dat

• Moderators

C:Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies\index.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHistXXXXXXXXXXX\index.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Those from Internet Explorer it definitely cleans.

As for the others I can't remember off hand, when you click Analyze or Clean it will display a Summary, clicking upon a summary item will display what has been deleted.

Those from Internet Explorer it definitely cleans.

As for the others I can't remember off hand, when you click Analyze or Clean it will display a Summary, clicking upon a summary item will display what has been deleted.

I'm not sure which file is the file that records Internet Explorer History as well as local files visited and all that stuff. (I can't check because my old computer broke) but as for the Windows 10 equivalent at the location USERS/ username/ app data/ local/ microsoft/ windows/ webcache/ webcacheV01.dat, it didn't delete any of it. Can I assume it didn't for the XP version as well?