getting same issuses with my fonts after ccleaner

quad

I ran ccleaner and keep getting the same issuses with my fonts! is this what is causing the problem and how do i fix it . i keep getting blue screens and after i fix the font issue with cc when i restart my fonts are all in different font , i have to go to control panel and change them back . If I run ccleaner again the issues font issues are still there again. Has anybody had this problem?

I'd suggest downloading the Tweak UI PowerToy from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

After you install it, choose the "Repair" option, then choose "Repair Font Folder" from the drop-down list and click the "Repair Now" button. If that doesn't correct your problem, you might want to try High-Logic's "FiFoFo" (Fix Fonts Folder), which you can download here:

http://www.high-logic.com/fifofo.zip

Unzip and run the exe (there is no setup, nor does the app have to be installed anywhere special). Click the "Fix Fonts Folder" button, and FiFoFo will analyze it. Any font registry problems will be listed at the top of the results. Select them, then click "Repair Items." If FiFoFo can fix them, it will. Then click the "Rebuild Cache" button and restart your system.

If neither of the above correct the problem, you may have to reinstall the fontext.dll file. For instructions on how to do this, click the "Read Me" button in FiFoFo.

- Sean

If you're getting a blue screen of death, running more software is usually not going to fix it.

First, disable automatic restarting:

1) Start > Run > sysdm.cpl

2) Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery section > Settings button

3) *Un*check "Automatically restart" under "System failure" if it isn't already

4) Under "Write debugging information", set it to Small memory dump (64 KB)

5) Hit OK to all of these dialogs.

6a) If there is anything in C:\Windows\minidump\, find the most recently dated file and post it somewhere so I can look at it.

6b) If nothing is in there, wait for or cause a blue screen of death.

7) Write down the STOP error code (looks like 0x0000STUFF) and the words and numbers next to it in the same line, if any. Write down any filenames listed, if any.

Once I know what it is, I can tell you what to do. I suspect registry damage. Do *not* do a System Restore at this time.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

If you're getting a blue screen of death, running more software is usually not going to fix it.

6a) If there is anything in C:\Windows\minidump\, find the most recently dated file and post it somewhere so I can look at it.

7) Write down the STOP error code (looks like 0x0000STUFF) and the words and numbers next to it in the same line, if any. Write down any filenames listed, if any.

Once I know what it is, I can tell you what to do. I suspect registry damage. Do *not* do a System Restore at this time.

how do post it when i try to upload it i cant min032806 is the file name

Can you copy/paste it into the thread? Or, just write it down and then type it?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

It's a binary file; it has to be uploaded somewhere.

Start > Run > iexplore ftp://ftp.DjLizard.net/incoming/

After a few minutes, it will open up a blank window. Drag the file into that window. You will not be able to see the file after it's uploaded (I'm pretty sure) so don't let that alarm you. After that's done, let me know via PM or post here and I'll examine it.

If you're not able to upload it there for whatever reason, try uploading it here: http://upload2.net/

After the file is uploaded there, post the "File download link" it gives you.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

My gut tells me this is a corrupt Fonts folder (or corrupt screen font) that can be repaired with FiFoFo, but if not, can you post your findings and solutions here? I sorta keep a database of font-related problems and workarounds, and would be very interested in knowing the exact nature of this one.

Thanks.

It's a binary file; it has to be uploaded somewhere.

Start > Run > iexplore ftp://ftp.DjLizard.net/incoming/

After a few minutes, it will open up a blank window. Drag the file into that window. You will not be able to see the file after it's uploaded (I'm pretty sure) so don't let that alarm you. After that's done, let me know via PM or post here and I'll examine it.

If you're not able to upload it there for whatever reason, try uploading it here: http://upload2.net/

After the file is uploaded there, post the "File download link" it gives you.

i sent the file i also reinstalled the font folder and still getting issues with my fonts when i run cccleaner

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiTrap0E+cc )

I'll post some more information later...

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips