Has anyone here doing this method?

mkbarsbal

Hi there, I just want to ask if i can use simple overwrite (1 pass) for 7 days? What i mean is doing 1pass once a day so that makes 7 pass total. I'm just thinking for an alternative way to do this process since I can't do 3 or 7pass straight because it takes long hours and my brother always use my laptop for his projects. Please i need your advice guys

• Moderators

Can you? I suppose you could, but what is it you're trying to achieve? A one-pass overwrite will make the overwritten data unrecoverable. Just forget the other six.

• Moderators

and coming at it from another angle, what if your brother wanted to recover an accidentally deleted, non-backed up project, you'd be removing that slim hope for him.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Thanks for the reply guys!

I plan to buy a new laptop and give the old one to my brother and i just want make sure that all files have been completely wipeout.

I have some sensitive/embarrassing photos/videos during my College which i don't want to be recovered.

mta - My bro opens and saves his project on external drive so i don't worry that much. :)