CCleaner Anomaly.

gpspirit34

I am writing at this time to make an inquiry about CCleaner.  I have the Professional Software, and obtain the most current version courtesy of regular pop-up notifications.

In any event, here is my question:  Why is it that whenever I run CCleaner I get the following listed:  “Applications — Office 2007?”

As it presently stands with my PC, I am running Windows 7, and my MS Office Suite is 2010.  I recently have gone through an extensive search and purge of the documents that had been saved over time throughout my many file folders, to the extent of recreating actual “docx” files (the 2010 reference) from the old 2007 versions.  Office 2010 offers me the option to “convert” older files, but I went the extra and laborious mile to make totally new documents.

The aforementioned “Applications — Office 2007” file references made by CCleaner read as follows (and I just moments ago ran the software once again):  “C:\Users\Gregory\AppData\ Roaming\Microsoft\Office\Recent” followed by a recently created/edited document.  Of course I am able to go as far as “C:\Users\Gregory,” but beyond that nowhere.  If I go ahead and pop open my Windows Icon at the lower left corner of my desktop and put in a search for “2007” I get absolutely nothing, so the question remains, why do I continually get references for “Applications — Office 2007?”

Respectfully yours,

Gregory

hello gpspirit34,

perhaps i can give you an answer... i had similar problem. with entrys of office 97, 2007. and actually i have 2010 installed.

in my case there were remnants left from installed older versions. i went to the regedit.exe searched for "office 12" = 2007

hkey_current_user-->software-->microsoft-->office...

14.0 = office 2010

12.0 = office 2007 --> i deleted this one entry (if i remember me correctly) and after restart i dont have this point in ccleaner anymore

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Of course I am able to go as far as “C:\Users\Gregory,” but beyond that nowhere.

the other systemfiles/folders are hidden.

if you want to see this things you must activate it in windows explorer...

explorer-->folder options

similar as on my pics

34ef6b-1449314666.jpg

under view --> untick "hide protected operating system files (recommended)"

92df02-1449314759.jpg

further down --> under "hidden files and folders" --> tick "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

OK

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Gregory,
if you use the /EXPORT switch on CC, it will create a file called winapp.ini

open that file, look for Office 2007 and in the line with Detect, it will show why/where Office 2007 is showing up.

also, you probably can't see AppData because you have system files and folders hidden.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.