Upgrades for CCleaner

kimgarrison

I do want to have the actual update for my CCleaner. I do not want to get messages sent to my computer stating that there is an update when all it really is...is Piriform showing me the other options that we can buy as well. I am already aware of that and I find it annoying when I stop what I am doing to come and 'get an update' when there really is none.

• Moderators

I do not want to get messages sent to my computer stating that there is an update when all it really is...is Piriform showing me the other options that we can buy as well.

then turn the option off.

Options, Settings, Automatically check for updates to CCleaner.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

The update message should only be occurring when there is an update (by in large once per month unless a critical fix is needed which hasn't happened in at least a year). Are you saying that, on the free version of ccleaner, that you are seeing multiple update notices per month? That should not be occuring but to aid you we'll need more information.

What version number is your ccleaner? Which windows version do you run? Did you get ccleaner from piriform.com?

Or are you complaining that you wish ccleaner just downloaded the file and didn't send you to a webpage? The answer to that is long winded so, in case you don't mean that, I won't get into it in this post

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com