Isn't working like I thought it would

happydog500

When I start up my XP computer I get a few messages that has squares and says something like this name in the registry doesnt point to anything. I thought CCleaner would fix this but it doesn't. What could be the problem in the registry that CC is not fixing? Thank you, Chris.

When I start up my XP computer I get a few messages that has squares and says something like this name in the registry doesnt point to anything. I thought CCleaner would fix this but it doesn't. What could be the problem in the registry that CC is not fixing? Thank you, Chris.

Because CCleaner doesn't add information to your registry, it only removes things from your registry. What is the name in the registry that doesn't point to anything?

Because CCleaner doesn't add information to your registry, it only removes things from your registry. What is the name in the registry that doesn't point to anything?

Hello, and Welcome! :D

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

It says, "Could not load or run (Two Squares) specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists or remove the reference to it in the registry."

That's IT!!! That is not very helpful. :(

Check your event viewer for a more detailed description of the problem. Otherwise I don't have any idea what's missing.

Event Viewer

control panel > administrative tools > event viewer

*double-click applications and look in there, then double-click system and look in there too. Look in the colum that tells you time that the error or warning occurred, and match the time with the time that you rebooted.

Did I explain that clearly? If I didn't please feel free to ask questions.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

In this I wasn't sure if I was giving away anythig that might put me at risk. I replaced some letters with X's until I know for sure.

Windows saved user CHRIS-XXXXXXXXX\Chris registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

In this I wasn't sure if I was giving away anythig that might put me at risk. I replaced some letters with X's until I know for sure.

Windows saved user CHRIS-XXXXXXXXX\Chris registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Yes you should protect your privacy. Wherever your name is you can put "(my name)". That's what I do at least. ;)

That error doesn't seem to match your problem, but I can be wrong. If that's the case you can try using this, but I have the same error in my event viewer and this didn't help it. It does help log things off of your registry though when you log off or reboot. It will speed things up! :) It can't hurt so give it a shot. Reboot after installing to see if it helps.

MS Hive Cleanup

I'm not convinced that this is the correct error. What is the source and event ID number?

I just booted up this morning and checked again. The errors I'm getting don't show up in the lists.

Since you can't determine the exact registry problem I suggest you post a HJT log for Andy, and see if anything shows up there. He may be able to find it for you.

Here is the link for the thread. You will find instructions in the thread.

Good Luck!! :D