piriform ccleaner duplicate tool

wolfgirl57

I just loaded the basic version from not having used it in quite sometime and noticed they have added a feature called "Duplicate Finder".

My question is: How safely can I get rid of the duplicates? I've noticed that some even go back to 2009, even though I purchased my laptop brand new in 2011. I don't want to delete anything only to have to take my computer back in to my computer guru.

Thank you in advance.

[Moderated] And please, if you aren't sure, don't suggest that I do delete all duplicates. I would appreciate that.

Thank you once again.

• Moderators

It's highly unsafe to remove duplicates in some sort of bulk manner. Best to look through each entry and only remove (for instance) one of two mp3s of the same song, or two of the same picture (document, whatever). never remove dll files or executable files or .sys or anything like that. Pretty much follow the spirit of my registry advice (found in my signature below).

I've removed your e-mail address. Never, ever, ever post your email address on a public forum, it attracts spammers to both yourself and the forum.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com