Very slow recovery in demo version will paid version be better?

john.fang

I've downloaded the demo version to check on a corrupted 500GB external USB drive that was dropped.

The demo version seems very slow in both for scanning and recovering.

It took a 2 days and only scanned about 15%. I stopped the scan and was able to see some files found. So I tried to recover those files to see if they are recoverable.  I was able to recover files with 10kb size in reasonable time frame, but anything over 1Mb takes forever. I'm using windows 7, so I was able to open Resource Monitor and from Resource Monitor, I can see that Recuva.exe is hardly doing any IO against the drive being recovered.  So I'm curious if the slowness of the recover is due to demo version being crippled or if this is how Recuva works?  

IO reads against the drive usually fluctuates between 0 and 32KB with it being stuck in no IO activity state majority of the time.

• Moderators

There is no demo version! It's freeware with no official support from the developer Piriform the only support available is through this community forum from other free users. The freeware version does not operate/run at a reduced speed, it could be the size of the disk you're having it scan and/or the amount of damage the disk has being it was dropped.