SRWare x64 : plugins not correctly detected

throkr

Hello to the Community !    

I'm using the latest version 5.03 on Win 8.1.1 Pro x64.

The plugins of SRWare Iron were always detected correctly until I switched to the 64-bit version of this browser (proposed for the first time with v 39.0.2100.0 dd. 02 January 2015). Since then it isn't the case anymore (see attached screenshot) :

• java : version 8 update 25 is detected whilst I have update 40 (latest version) installed 
  • adobe flash player : version 15.0.0.239 is detected whilst I have version 17.0.0.134 (latest version) installed

What I did up to now :

• verified if there were no files left from previous versions, which wasn't the case
  • uninstalled and re-installed both CCleaner and the browser which didn't change nothing

Any ideas ???

Thank you !    :)

post-72352-0-65533400-1426402985_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

So the file(s) that it shows in the last column is (are) not found when you go to them? Did you checl the registry (search for the filename for flash in the registry and see what comes up.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hi Nergal,

That's exactly it : the files dispayed in the screenshot of CCleaner do NOT exist anymore on my machine. And yes, I also checked through the registry ...... to find .....nothing.

Furthermore, I also have FF and Cyberfox x64 installed and their plugins are correctly detected (~ displayed) in CCleaner.

Yesterday, I had the idea to do something (thankfully !) that I didn't do up to now : I opened Iron, deactivated both plugins (java & flash) and closed the browser. Then, I opened CCleaner to check the status of these plugins : both deactivated, as expected BUT ... see there : both were now displayed as they should ! (see screenshot) 

So, there was obviously a lack of "communication" between CCleaner and Iron (some wrong informations still stuck in the "pipeline").   :P

Sorry for the quite long explanation but I wanted to reproduce the procedure step by step as this could be useful to others ...   B)

Anyway, thanks for your concern. 

post-72352-0-15666000-1426481429_thumb.jpg