Issue with 14 day trial

Kappes Buur

I have been using the free version for years and always have been happy with the result.

Now, after a bad experience with Corel's PaintShop Photo Pro, I realize that I need a more

thorough registry cleaner. I had uninstalled the program through Windows 7 and Corel's

cleanup tool, etc. but countless orphans were left behind in the registry, as evidenced by

going through the registry with regedit.

Thus, I went on an internet search  for the best rated registry cleaner and CCleaner Pro

was given high accolades.

So I started the 14 day trial version with the following result

DlK1VXE.png

Why were no PSPP Pro orphans or empty keys found?

Am I guaranteed that the paid for version of CCleaner Pro will really clean the registry?

• Moderators

From a cleaning point of view, the free & paid-for versions are identical.

As to reg cleaner not finding any entries you thought it would, most likely reason would be CC reg cleaner is rated one of the best for the very reason it has a 'lightly, lightly' approach to what it deems can be cleaned from the registry.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

The CCleaner registry cleaner is deemed "safer", meaning it isn't going to dig through every crevice of your registry like a more aggressive and thorough registry cleaner. Can it miss allot of invalids - yes it can and will, but at the same time it's being "safer" it's also much less likely to damage the registry.