The French Spiderman

Kas

I think I have either seen, heard of or read about every single miraculous feat accomplished by humans in my time. It seems impossible to isolate any one of these unbelievable feats as being  special. But I must personally choose the exploits of Alain Robert, the French Spiderman as the most outstanding personality I have  ever seen.

He has climbed almost every one of the world`s tallest buildings freestyle, without ropes or any safety equipment. Just his fingers and feet. In all this death defying activity, he suffers from Epilepsy and has to take daily medication.

To give examples of Alain`s accomplishments would be impossible. You must surf the web and read them for yourself, plus video`s and lots of photo`s.

I have some small experience of being subjected to great heights, since for many years I took part in skydiving as a sport and to see this man standing on the very spire of the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur without any support and waving his arms about at 1,483 feet high, most probably with a significant wind force, gives me the shudders.

And when he has climbed these buildings, he has to climb down again to a point where he can  enter the building via a door or window, sometimes many hundreds of feet below. The police are always waiting to arrest him, but a few days in jail and Alain is free again.

Here is a shot of him after climbing the Petronas Towers enjoying his success on the top of the spire. A helicopter is seen flying way below him.

Spiderman1_zpsa21d44bf.jpg

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"