CCleaner Doesn't Delete My Cookies

Hey Man

Greetings,

For some reason - when I run CCleaner, the cookies still remain in the list of cookies to delete in the options section. It appears that my cookies are not actually being deleted as I assume the cookie list should be empty every time you run the cleaner. Now it does say that the cookies have been deleted in the breakdown of what has been cleaned, but as I said - the cookies (some of which are adware tracking cookies) are still listed. I am using Window XP and IE8.

Thank you very much for your help.

HM

• Moderators

There were quite a few recent, concurrent threads covering this issue for me to remember all the reasons, have you tried searching the forum with the keyword cookies?

What is your browser?  Chrome per chance?  If so, have all it's background processes terminate before you run CC?

I think one of the threads were about the latest IE but I thought the latest CC version fixed that.

What is your CC version?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I was having problems with some files remaining after I clicked Run Cleaner. I would click Analyze again and clicked Run Cleaner and the same file or files were still on the list.

I finally figured out through Trial & Error, that if I clicked Run Cleaner again it deleted more problems. I clicked Run Cleaner again and more files appeared on the list showing which files I deleted that time.

Now I click Analyze once and Run Cleaner until it shows "0 bytes removed".

• Moderators

@1princess, since this has no correlation with the original problem, you really should have started your own thread ^_^  (maybe a Mod can fix this).

That way members can report back in response to your concerns without muddying the waters for the original poster.

and secondly - was there a question in there ? :)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.