System Restore Size

tlamb01

If I delete the oldest point, and only if the oldest, and form a new point, I gain a LOT of disc space. I think the oldest point may be where previous versions are stored?  Win 7.

I mostly would like to see the size of each restore point. Can CC incorporate this? Or is there a separate program that will show the sizes?  TOM

This will show you the size of every Restore Point that is held in "C:\System Volume Information" in Windows XP.

https://www.jam-software.de/customers/downloadTrial.php?article_no=80&language=EN&

I prefer the 2.5 MB portable zipped version.

This also shows me everything in that folder on Windows 7 but I do not allow System Restore to be active on my P.C.

I only tolerate the existence of "C:\System Volume Information" because Volume Shadow Storage is alleged to depend upon it.

Each Restore Point holds a snapshot of the registry when it was created, and also record of all file changes whilst it was the youngest.

I have TreeSize, never thot to use it. It shows zero bytes for sys restore. I must be doing something wrong.

TOM

Whoa, I think you have something. I see the right number of entries that add up to about what my  total restore size is. That may be it!! Thanks, I will follow up on this.

Looks like TreeSize is better than I knew about. I usually use Folder Size.

TOM