Clicking a Defraggler map block grays out entire map

anna24

Defraggler 2.15.742 x64 in Vista x64 hm prem. No other apps running in back or foreground, including any AV / FW, while using Defraggler.

When NO defragging operations are active, if click any block on the map to view files in a block, it grays out the entire map, when it automatically switches to the "Highlight..." tab (a bit ironic). I see no reason to gray the map just because a block's clicked.

So much that it's almost impossible to see block colors, to choose another block to click.

Only way to see block colors again is click a different tab at bottom of screen, like File List, etc. The map colors then reappear, but clicking another block grays out map again.

Don't remember this behavior in past versions & other defrag apps definitely don't do this.

Thanks.

post-51712-0-00373200-1379949243_thumb.jpg

Thanks, but... this is a bug report section - yes? Are you one of the devs or an official spokesperson? Even if so, "intentional designs" are often changed, because they're poor ideas.

"isolate the block." If intentional, it's a bad design. Like no other app I know of. No other defrag app (I've used) grays out their map. That's like if Explorer grayed out all files in a folder (to point of nearly unreadable), because you click a file name.

Or a spread sheet graying out everything when click a cell. No.

Just make the clicked block bigger or bolder or put a colored frame around it or any of many ways to "isolate" the clicked block. NEVER had a problem identifying clicked blocks in any defrag (or other) apps.

• Moderators

Hi anna24.

but... this is a bug report section - yes? Are you one of the devs or an official spokesperson?

Point one I've quoted, this is the bug section, correct, and what you have reported isn't a bug, just a statement of your particular preference, which is why I'm moving your topic to the "Defraggler Suggestions" section.

Point two I've quoted ... Kroozer is a volunteer helper like everyone else on this forum, including the moderators. We give of our time for free to assist people using Piriforms free software as best we can.

The devs do read all suggestions, which is what your first post actually is, but if you require direct developer assistance, that's available by purchasing "Defraggler Professional", available here ...

http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download

Sounds good. Thanks.

I couldn't conceive it was by design, but I stand corrected. And thanks kroozer, for tip on clicking in white tabs to refresh. Completely unintuitive way to refresh, but still helpful. Since I don't defrag often, I'll never remember it, but still helpful. :)

Tip on clicking a color in the map is useful - only for 1st clicked block, then all grayed out again. What would make that feature actually useful is, if it hilited the chosen color blocks, then when click the 1st of those particular colored blocks, it grayed (or somehow changed) the 1st block clicked. But left remaining blocks of the selected color blocks un-grayed.

Because, the tip of clicking in white tabs to refresh doesn't work, when you've chosen one color to hilite. Just "refreshes" it to the normal view map.