Google Announcement

rridgely

• Moderators

Anyone else pay attention to the new google announcement today? They announced a tv thing, new nexus 7, and android 4.3. If you did what did you think about it?

I think the new nexus 7 look really nice. I don't think I'm going to upgrade mine unless I see one in person and it blows me away. Its got a nicer 1080p screen, faster processor, and a rear facing camera. I use my nexus 7 mostly for reading in pulse, reading ebooks, and watching youtube so I'm not sure if its worth it for me to upgrade. I will probably bring mine to bestbuy and compare the screen. (I could just pass mine down to my parents or something)

The chrome tv thing looks awesome! I bought 2 already for both of my TVs. You basically need to go read about it to see what you can do with it. If you use android or iOS on a phone or tablet I bet you will be impressed by this thing. Seems super cool for only $35.

Very interested in the new 7"

FWIW the screen is actually 1920x1200! I'm going to try to sell my N7 and if I can get more than ~$115 for it, I'll probably do it and buy the new one.

4.3 is good to see, the new graphics drawing should do a lot to resolve graphical lag, and I don't use it but I'm sure people are excited for Blue Tooth Low Energy (BTLE)

Chromecast seems interesting, and it's cheap, but I'm not sure I have a compelling reason to own one.