Blackberry Messenger coming to iOS/Android

rridgely

• Moderators

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/14/blackberry-messenger-app-coming-to-android-and-ios

This is interesting. I think they had to do it because the usefulness of the app is pretty low when the amount of people using blackberry is low.(no one to talk to) But I have a hard time believing that people will switch to this from whatever they were using before( imessage, facebook chat, ect)

WE'RE COMING BACK, BABY!! All ten of us.

Seriously, though, for the corporate types, one of the big selling points was Blackberry's security.

Wonder if this will endanger the overall security of the system?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I don't know anyone who uses or owns a Blackberry.. :D

errrr, welllll, maybe they just hide it. :P

Edit: This article has a pretty good explanation of the security trick for Blackberry and Samsung:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/25/samsung-safe-with-knox/

Edited by login123

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Guest Keatah

It was talked about 5 years ago. The blackberry message system, putting it on other systems.. Had they done it then it could have been a big thing. Now?? Pfffttt...

. . . pfffttt...

:P Well, we'll see. For sure it will be an uphill swim for BBRY. The Blackberry is doomed crowd may be right, wouldn't be the first time a product has failed in spite of its merits.

The current smartphone target market seems to be mostly kids, they often just automatically regard newer as better.

DOD decisions are driven partly by the zeitgeist (been waiting years to use that word :lol: ) and largely by the urgings of legislators to throw money at their favorite contractor. The US DOD has a history of rather dismal security decisions.

I'm convinced, personally, that when Blackberry Messenger plunges in to the much wider market, there will be many more folks who target it for hacking. Some will be serious thiefs, some will be just for fun, to see if it can be done. That's not based on any knowledge of coding methods, I obviously have none, just a sort of a big picture intuition.