CR extension error

GIKK

hi everyone,my sd card was formatted accidentally and i lost my photos,i used a recovery software and got the photos back but the file type is CR and wont open,does anyone know any method or free software to to change the file type to jpeg,thank u

• Moderators

You could try renaming one with a .jpg extension, although I doubt it will be that simple.

Other than that you could try opening the images in an image viewer like IrfanView which can display most image formats, and will even tell you if the extension is wrong.

• Moderators

Depending upon your version of Windows this may differ, these are XP instructions:

1. Open any folder, and click in the menu: Tools -> Folder Options -> View

2. Untick: Hide extensions for known file types -> then click OK to exit out of Folder Options -> rename the extensions to .jpg

3. When done renaming open any folder, and click in the menu: Tools -> Folder Options -> View

4. Tick: Hide extensions for known file types -> then click OK to exit out of Folder Options

A much faster way is to use a mass file renamer, here's a Softpedia search for rename files programs.