Recovering from 1tb external hd

fanuser

as far as I know recuva is the best software out there for recovery it never filed me. I had this 1 year old wd my passport external hard disk (1TB) which recently started showing bad sector related problems.I thought of backing up the files but it was nearly full and I didn't had 900GB+ space in my pc so I bought a new internal HD but before I could do anything, my passport just died, I was forced to format the drive so that windows can detect it.

after all that,now i'm trying to recover all the data using recuva (deep scan) but it just sits there with '0% complete' and 'calculating time left' message it's been like that for an hour now frown.gif last time when I tried it in my laptop it took 3 days to recover some 60 gb file since I stopped the task in the middle what should i do know ?

post-65330-0-64777000-1359192054_thumb.png

EDIT : OMG now it's saying estimated time left 9 days !!

Edited by fanuser

• Moderators

1tb deep scan is going to take a very long time, try searching for non-deleted files before delving into the deep scan

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

honestly at that point I'd go ahead and let it finish …however it'll be a loooong time

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing similar issue with my 2TB but I didnt selected deep scan, I am trying to recover my deleted file and its been stuck on analysing screen for more than 12 hours. Since I had already press cancelled Stage 2 analysing screen and still showing me Cancelling in progress from past 20 hrs ??? this is ridiculous. My computer is not hanged and my Hdd is still blinking and I can still access it. I am not sure how long its gonna take to Stage 3 where I can select File which I want to recover

I had already paid for this software but not having any luck with it so far

Can you advise if you had recovered your data from 1TB ?