Defraggler hangs on attempt to "sort" files list

MS_slave

I searched in the forums but couldn't find anything about this. If it exists and I just didn't find it, my apologies.

It has been a long time since I upgraded -- v1.11 to the current version. I tried the new version yesterday but when trying to sort the "Files" list, by, Size, etc. the program seems to hang, displaying "Processing." This doesn't take much time in v1.11, so I think the program is really hanging somehow.

Anyone have any idea why this is occurring? I am running Windows XP, SP2, and the HD is a Raid 1 cfg. Is it possible there is something "left" from the old v1.11 installation that is conflicting with the new version?

Thanks.

So, you tried 2.10? What happens if you try 2.09? Does it do the same?

No. I just did this yesterday and haven't tried any earlier version besides v1.11. I did, however, download v2.10 at home and tried it there (also XP SP2) and it works there. So I'm not sure what might be causing the program to hang at "Processing..." Are all the earlier versions available? I can try other going back to see where it works. Obviously, v1.11 does. :)

O.K. I downloaded v2.01.239 and sorting works fine on this computer (work) where the current version, 2.10.424 does not. As I said, v2.10 works at home (also XP, SP2). I don't know why v2.10 doesn't work on this computer. But I'll live with 2.01.239 unless and until I find out why v2.10 isn't working right.