Defraggler 2.9 crashed while performing a Defrag Drive

4 PM 3/31/2012

Defraggler 2.9 crashed while performing a 'Defrag Drive' of my Volume D (a logical data volume on my boot drive). It is a 21 GB volume with 16.5GB used, 4.5 GB free, located on my 160 GB main boot HD (thus, C and D).

I allowed it to run a few minutes, then noticed it was using 106MB RAM, so thought I would minimize it and let it run, thinking that minimizing would remove the need to update visible information.

About 5 or so seconds after minimizing it, received this crash error message, then the Defrag.exe did crash and disappear from the Windows Task Manager list.

Notes:

1.) I usually run Defraggler by doing the Analyze first, then just defrag most of the found items. Which seems to work well and fine. I rarely run the entire 'Defrag Drive' choice on a drive, maybe this is even the first time...

2.) I regularly run Chkdsk and or Chkdsk /p on my drives, every few weeks.

3.) Env: Windows XP Pro SP3. P4 3.2GHz. 2 GB RAM. Defraggler 2.9.0.391.

4.) Am attaching the 'appcompat.txt' crash report it wanted to send to Microsoft, which I grabbed from the Temp directory before it finished the error reporting. (it should actually go to you though... what is Microsoft going to do with this for XP? they'll just 'can it' I would guess! ;) )

5.) Defraggler seems to run OK after this event, when I just start it and do an analyze then defrag items, or an Explorer right-click. Am not eager to try another 'Defrag Drive' though...

Hope this helps.

Love the Defraggler product. Thx.

post-15726-0-40063400-1333251029_thumb.png

Defraggler-crash-7616_appcompat.txt

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)