CCleaner NOT cleaning PrivacIE folder of Index.dat file

Skee

CCleaner is NOT cleaning C:\Document and Settings\username\PrivacIE folder of the index.dat IndexDatSpy.Document file. I found this out by using Index.dat Analyzer. Index.dat Viewer shows "Zero" Items Found, but when using Index.dat Analyzer, the files appear. When using Index.dat Analyzer to delete / clean all the entries, it deletes the entries from the screen, but not from the actual PrivacIE folder. Only when I manually delete and scrub it or use Mil Shield (my personal Favorite for Cleaning) they will be gone for good. I am NO computer expert, but to me, this is a SERIOUS security threat. Any thoughts??? CCleaner won't work on XP or Windows 7 to clean the PrivacIE folder.

Wouldn't say it's CCleaner's security threat. Which version are you using?

And do you have (which) Service Packs installed on XP/7?

Btw CCleaner and all other Piriform products are free, Mil Shield/Mil software are not.

Hmm, I could only find "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PrivacIE" and inside that "Low"-folder which is empty on Win7 64bit.

No files under "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PrivacIE" or "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PrivacIE\Low".

It's been raised before, by me for one. Just add it to your include folder whilst we're waiting for Piriform.

Thank you Augeas. I never thought of doing that. You're also right.....Piriform needs to get on this one. Thanks again, Skee