im new & scared to clean my files cookies etc. the warning box r u sure

pattikalich

i am scare to run cleaner after i anylise files and applications etc. it scares me when it says tons of things will be permanantly deleted what am i supose to do? my comp. is so slow i run defragment & it takes several long hours to complete doesnt look like it freed up free space is that what i want? Please help i usualy do everything on my own. I have no $ to pay i fix my comp. on my own have for 2 years now by learning, but this looks so scary to me is it safe to perm. delete huge no's of files and appl. files etc.? if i am not sure what im deleting

Should I only clean certain files or something ? what about applications? do I want to move some cookies to be saved when it gives that option? I just know my compt really needs to be cleaned but I am too scared to perm. delete things what is it exactly its deleting ?

CCleaner is pretty safe; it mainly cleans temporary files, caches, cookies and left-overs which are usually safe to delete. Meaning it doesn't delete your own files like documents or movies etc. If you don't want to lose your browser passwords you should uncheck "Saved passwords". You could try the default CCleaner cleaning settings or set just a few ticks/cleaning options at first.

Also I'd recommend downloading the latest version of CCleaner which can be found here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

Edited by nodles