Consolidation not fully consolidating

Under XP SP3, sometimes I see the following occur, even after a defrag on reboot & System Restore & Hibernate files excluded by default.

A random file/folder such as something pertaining to AVG or some other program/app will fail to be fully consolidated & be halfway, or even 75% the way to the opposite end of the disk that the other files are located to.

Although this is not a lot of files, it is annoying to see a file here, & a file there persisting in a non-contiguous fashion.

Perhaps there can be implemented after a defrag, a check for files still scattered over the disk, & then attempt to consolidate those files, & at least move them closer to the others?

Files appear to be defragged, just not consolidated. This is very annoying, because if you ever wanted to do a drive resize so you can partition a drive for the purpose of testing something, then a random file here or there may not sound like much, but a single file can prevent a drive from being properly partitioned as you would like, due to the file(s) persisting in a location that needs to be clear for the partition sizing to be accomplished.

I have maybe, 3 or 4 random such blocks, & it is very annoying to me.

I hope this will be fixed soon, & that true "consolidation" will be possible!