Small Windows!

KnusumKranikum

Please help!

I am new to this forum, and I don't know if I posted this right, but here goes...

Suddenly something is wrong with my Internet Explorer.

When I open to the startpage, everything is ok, but when I open any link in a new window, this window is small...

I have tried the usual one, with enlarging it, closing it again, and the re-opening. The next window I open is just small again.

I have used Spybot, Ccleaner, Adaware, Norton Utilities, and Norton Antivirus.

It is so damn annoying!

Thanks in advance!

Dany

Hi

You stated that you have run your Av, Spybot etc but you never said if they found anything??

Have you resently install any new software?

What OS are you using?

Have you tried rolling your PC back to when the problem wasn't there?

I'm no expert, but have you tried Firefox and if the same thing happens?

Try rollback the system configuration to date prior of when it started to happen.

Internet Explorer easily gets infected with spyware, browser addons and annoying toolbars and stuff that can break your surfing experience.

Try Mozilla Firefox, it is much more secure and it follows the webstandards.

www.mozilla.com

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Did you ensure that the properly resized window was the last one you closed? The last to close sets the size for the next use.

If that's not it, there are registry hacks that you can copy from various sites to set the size or you can do the following to reset to default:

Close all instances of Internet Explorer. Run regedit. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main and delete the value Window_Placement. Close regedit.

If in doubt, save a copy of the value (using File > Export in regedit) before deleting.

Thanks for your help guys!

I tried all that you suggested, but nothing helped, I'm afraid. Adaware, Spybot and those didn't find anything...

In the end, I was so annoyed, that I deleted all kind of stuff on my computer (movie clips, music, programs, that I didn't use and stuff like that. All that I had downloaded.

Now it works fine again, so I guess one of those files was to blame.

Thanks again!

Dany