Version 2.07.346 HD vs SSD

sly53

I posted a reply in the Bug Reporting section but no one is replying at http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=33789 . So in case it is just no one is checking that thread I decided to start a new thread to see if my question could get answered. The bug reported was traditional Hard Drives showing up as SSD in version 2.07.346. Here is what I posted in the other thread

I have version 2.06.328 and have not downloaded this new version 2.07.346 because of what I have read in this thread. Can you give a novice like me a simple explanation of what would happen if you had a traditional HD and ran the new version and it defraged it as a SSD? Would it cause damage? Sould I wait till this is resolved till I download the new version since I have a traditional HD ( I do not know the model ) ? Or simple what does it amount to if ran on a traditional HD? Thanks, I am new here. Have used CCleaner for years and now trying out Defraggler.

In other words since I have traditional hard drives would running the new version and having it see them as SSD and defraging the hard drives cause problems with the computers? Thanks

• Moderators

You got a post from one of the Piriform Admins in your original topic! See here:

http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=201302

I've closed this topic since your original has other replies in it.

Edit: I've re-opened this topic, I was under the impression you started the other topic but you didn't and your question in there actually belongs here in its very own topic.

In the other thread el_PuSHeR seems to have answered my question, that it would be alright to download and use the new version as it will not make any difference in Defraggler picking up a traditional HD as a SDD. So Andavari would you also be in line with this line of thinking? Yes my question belongs here because I know you have been notified of the problem which was what the other thread was for, here I am trying to find out if this problem would cause my computer any problem by using it. Please confirm el_PuSHeR and let me know if I should use the new version or stay with the old version till this is resolved? Thank you

• Moderators

In the other thread el_PuSHeR seems to have answered my question, that it would be alright to download and use the new version as it will not make any difference in Defraggler picking up a traditional HD as a SDD. So Andavari would you also be in line with this line of thinking?

I honestly don't know if it could cause problems or not!

My own opinion: I'd personally wait until Piriform fixes whatever is causing it to display your HD as a SSD.