Norton Anti-Virus Temporary Files

Range Rider

Greetings:

I have attempted to search the forums, and have not found any addressing this problem. :unsure:

I think the CCleaner is the best product on the market, and while I explain to me friends it's FREE, I also inform them they can donate or subscribe to it. :) :) :)

I run CCleaner first, then Defraggler. Two things JUMP out when you use defraggler... The System Information file fragments and the Norton Antivirus temporary files (those who use it currently and past users). While I am not a user of the Norton software, many of my uninformed friends are.... :huh:

CCleaner does not touch either files. However, defraggler points to the numerous Norton file, but does not suggest how to handle the fragmented system volume files. As for the Norton temp files, manual removal is required (these files are really fragmented and do have large file sizes. :(

As for the system volume information, (A little Trick Here) I turn off the system restore; WHICH DELETES ALL PREVIOUS SYSTEM RESTOREs (INCLUDING THOSE THAT HAVE VIRUS PROBLEMS) THEN DEFRAG (DEFRAGGLER) THE PARTITION AND RESET THE RESTORE FEATURE AND CREATE A NEW RESTORE INDICATING IN THE TEXT WHAT I DID - gone is almost all system volume fragmented files.

[NOTE: If you do not understand what is indicated above, seek professional help before attempting this]

While I do not expect CCleaner to do anything with the fragmented SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION, why doesn't it address the Norton Anti-Virus temp file situation. :rolleyes:

I see that CClearer addresses the AVG anti-virus cleanup, why not Norton Anti-virus cleanup?