Running Ccleaner First

The program gives a chance to clear your recycle bin before running. I think it should also give you a choice to run Ccleaner first as well.

i am foreever starting Defraggler and finding it defragging the Tempory internet files, because I forgot to clear these first.

regards paul

• Moderators

Hi paul, and welcome to Piriform.

I know the feeling, and it has been asked for on a number of previous occasions.

A program called "DVD Shrink", used for ripping/editing video files, has a check box to launch another program called "DVD Decrypter" immediately after it's done it's thing, to burn the completed files to a blank DVD.

A partnership which has worked well for years, and I can't see why Defraggler can't have a similar checkbox to run CCleaner before a defrag. If there are reasons, they escape me at the moment.

Hopefully if they do this, they will include these 2 options:

- Ability to run CCleaner in AUTO mode (auto clean & close, then start Defraggler... Who wants to wait for CCleaner to appear, then click Run CCleaner?)

- Ability to detect CCleaner (if in same directory as Defraggler... Such as when a user puts them on a flash drive together in the same folder) & run it with the options set in the .ini file.

This should also have the AUTO function enabled for portable flash drive cleaning/defraggling as well!