Using defraggler with VFAT HDD

weide_de

Hello, I'm a newbie!

I want to use defraggler with a SAT-Receiver including a 500 GByte HDD. This HDD is formated as VFAT. Via USB I connect my Windows7-Notebook with the SAT-Receiver to copy recorded TVMovie-files from the receiver to the notebook HDD; later transforming to a DVD.

In the past I used the internal Windows defrag routine, but it needs more than 30 hours for defrag the Sat-Receiver HDD.

Using defraggler for the notebook HHD shows, that this program ist much faster, so I want using it also with the SAT HDD. But killing some recorded files gives a lot of trouble with my wife.

To avoid this, please answer me, can I use defrragler with VFAT formatted HDD

TY

weide_de (from Germany)

The Windows defrag tool and Piriform Defraggler both use the same defragging API so to answer your question YES it should work.

I'm not sure why you want to defrag a TV SAT hard drive it's unlikely to contain files with many fragments or cause playback problems.

Richard S.

Thanks for your answer! Because the TV SAT allows to record two streams from different channels at the same time, so the files have many fragments. My wife often watch a recorded file from the HDD at the same she's recording two new ones. This causes also many fragments.

weide_de