Recuva Automatically Closes after opening

roseuz

I downloaded and installed Recuva today for the first time. After it installs, I leave the checkmark checked for it to open. The program opens and immediately closes. I have spent hours on this, uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried the portable version, same result. I decided to try and install older versions of the kind that you must install and went way back to version 1.10.223 and that one would not automatically close. I then uninstalled that and decided to go backwards from the latest, skipping a few in between. Finally I arrived at version 1.26.416, and that one would not automatically close. The next version in line, Version v1.27.419 would automatically close. I tried a few between that version and the latest one, so it's safe to say that anything after version 1.26.416 cannot be opened on my computer.

When the program opens, I am able to see that it's the Wizard window, but it's impossible for me to hit Next because right away the program closes. I checked for viruses and spyware on my computer and it is clean.

I am running Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, with 1GB of Ram.

Do you have any anti-virus or security software installed??

Richard S.

Well, I said "I checked for viruses and spyware on my computer and it is clean", so the answer is Yes. I have however disabled my Anti-virus program of AVG and the same thing still happens. I also have Spybot installed, but that has nothing active that's running. It runs when I open it. I don't have the TeaTime portion active.

• Moderators

This has happened a few times with Recuva over the last couple of years.

Try running Recuva in Safe Mode. If it launches and runs OK, that will mean it probably is a conflict, which I believe is where Richard was heading with his question.

Have a read here, and follow through the links in post number twelve:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=25110&view=findpost&p=152548

Hope that helps.