Lost free space after aborting defragment

MisterBill

I posted this in the bug reporting forum a couple of weeks ago and someone replied today that they were also seeing it. I am posting it here to see if it is more prevalent and if so, maybe it can get some attention.

I was defragmenting my external drive. The partition I was doing is 781gb and was not close to being full. After running overnight and not getting very far, I cancelled it this morning and figured I would move a couple of large files to another disk so it would have an easier job of it. When I tried to restart it as a quick defrag, it warned me that there was less than 10% free space on the disk, which seemed very strange since I did not get the warning the first time. I ran Treesize on the drive and it's only finding 358.5gb in files on the disk, but both it and Defraggler are claiming I only have 10.8gb in free space (and I should say that it was 13gb before I started and then cancelled a quick defrag.

CHKDSK and the internal disk check from Defraggler claim there are no errors on the disk. How do I get back my missing disk space???

• Moderators

Pleae don't double post. We all read the same posts, it's just that thus far no one had an answer for you. Dennis has replied to your original post.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
50497_117730207965_3795211_n.jpg

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com