App Management\ARPCach

Spatz

A long, long time ago I have taken the liberty to discuss a problem I had (I have) regarding App Management\ARP Cache. I got no answer.

In the older Version of CCleaner it was possible to clean the above mentionned dates in the registry. With the newer versions, it is not possible to delete these dates in the registry via the CCleaner. What's the reason.

May I complete this question with the remark, that with the "RegSeeker" it is possible to clean the above mentionned dates.

Many thanks for a comment soonly.

Spatz

P.S. My mother tongue is German. Sorry if I do not express me quite correct.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Although deleting the ARPCache didn't cause any problems if I'm remembering correctly in those old versions of CCleaner, it's however a waste of time to delete them since Windows will only re-create them - so it's counterproductive. Well removing them didn't necessarily cause problems in Windows XP, however I have no idea if it would break something in Windows Vista and 7.

If you really want CCleaner to delete them you can very easily make a winapp2.ini entry to remove them, or request help in making it via the winapp2.ini topic if you don't understand how to make the cleaner yourself.

Also see this older topic from 2 years ago about it:

http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=14389

Many thanks for your assistance. In effect, I have red the older topic.

To complete my comment I herwith inform you that RegSeeker (= Registry Cleaner) propose to remove them.

At the end, i am satisfied with your comment, dear Andavari.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Spatz