Cleaned too much.

OldDon

We run Win7 and IE8. I ran CClean on my wife's laptop yesterday, last night she went to our bank's website but could not access our accounts. She tried numerous times with no success :angry: , she apparently could not remember the answers to the quesion.

What do I need to uncheck in IE8 to prevent this problem

I used System Restore this morning, maybe she will be in a better mood when she comes home!

Thanks, OldDon

OldDon - welcome to the forum :)

Login IDs/passwords, like to banking websites, are usually stored in cookies that are written to your hard drive. CCleaner will delete all cookies UNLESS you tell it not to - a whitelist, if you will.

Start CCleaner, go to Options-->Cookies. In the left pane all cookies found on your system will be listed. Click once to select the cookie you want to keep and then click on the right-pointing arrow button -> to move it to the right pane, "Cookies to Keep." You will have to do this for each website you log into.

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

We run Win7 and IE8. I ran CClean on my wife's laptop yesterday, last night she went to our bank's website but could not access our accounts. She tried numerous times with no success :angry: , she apparently could not remember the answers to the quesion.

What do I need to uncheck in IE8 to prevent this problem

I used System Restore this morning, maybe she will be in a better mood when she comes home!

Thanks, OldDon

Please uncheck Cookies & Autocomplete Form information under Internet Explorer on CCleaner

Regards,

Don