Ccleaner doesn't see Chrome at all

develish1

Hi,

hope someone can offer some advice here. I haven't used my laptop for a little while, but today I turned it on and updated to the latest version of Ccleaner (v 2.36.1233)straight away. The problem I have is that it seems to think I don't have Chrome installed. It's not listed for cleaning, nor does it appear in the listed applications on the tools page either, despite the fact that I downloaded the update using Chrome as that's my main browser.

This basically means that for the moment Ccleaner is totally ignoring my main browser when I run it. So, any ideas anyone?

Dev

Oh, I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP1, on a 32 bit OS with 2.00 GB RAM, and Chrome 6.0.472.63

• Moderators

Hi,

hope someone can offer some advice here. I haven't used my laptop for a little while, but today I turned it on and updated to the latest version of Ccleaner (v 2.36.1233)straight away. The problem I have is that it seems to think I don't have Chrome installed. It's not listed for cleaning, nor does it appear in the listed applications on the tools page either, despite the fact that I downloaded the update using Chrome as that's my main browser.

This basically means that for the moment Ccleaner is totally ignoring my main browser when I run it. So, any ideas anyone?

Dev

Oh, I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP1, on a 32 bit OS with 2.00 GB RAM, and Chrome 6.0.472.63

Did you install chrome to the default location?

the following are all the locations ccleaner searches for google chrome and based browsers

DetectFile=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
DetectFile2=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
DetectFile3=%localappdata%\Flock\Application\flock.exe
DetectFile4=%ProgramFiles%\Flock\Application\flock.exe
DetectFile5=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome SxS\Application\chrome.exe
DetectFile6=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome SxS\Application\chrome.exe
DetectFile7=%localappdata%\SRWare Iron\iron.exe
DetectFile8=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\iron.exe
DetectFile9=%ProgramFiles%\Chromium\chrome.exe
DetectFile10=%localappdata%\Chromium\chrome.exe

if this not is not the location where it is installed you will either need to reinstall google chrome or use a custom location (http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsers) replace the word FIREFOX with CHROME e.g.

CustomLocation1=CHROME|C:\Chromium\IronPortable\Profile\Default

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

yes it was definitely installed to the default settings, everything is on this laptop since I'm not knowledgable enough to mess with things too much, plus it's a shared one. I just checked and the file location is shown as a\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

I guess that's where it's always been as that hasn't been updated or changed in any way. Ccleaner has never had a problem finding it in the past, this has only happened since I did the update earlier, it worked fine before. Odd huh?

• Moderators

Glad you got it solved, let us know if there's anything else :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com